If you have had acne during your teens and continue to have mild acne breakouts, then microdermabrasion for acne treatment might sound enticing to help get rid of the post-acne scar marks; to revitalise and exfoliate your skin towards natural healing. Before getting into the benefits of the treatment, it is good to understand the treatment.
What is Microdermabrasion for Acne?
Microdermabrasion for acne is a skin health treatment that uses the advanced technology of a crystal microdermabrasion handheld wand. It gently removes the cracked dead outer skin layers of acne scars to reveal the toned, smooth skin underneath it, and also remove the debris along with other impurities. It helps to rejuvenate your skin and encourage collagen growth (protein fibres that keeps your skin soft and supple).
In skin health clinics like Bella, the microdermabrasion for acne scarring treatment involves a multi-step process of double cleansing with enzyme, enzyme peel, soothing mask and crystal microdermabrasion to loosen up the external acne scars layers to achieve better results with the treatment. This non-invasive and safe skin treatment uses no-chemicals, pampers your skin to bring out the healthy layer underneath.
If you wish to understand whether microdermabrasion for acne is for you?
Is Microdermabrasion treatment for all type of acne and other skin concerns?
When it comes to your skin, microdermabrasion treatments are extremely beneficial for a number of reasons. Microdermabrasion is a form of advanced exfoliation designed to remove dead skin cells, stimulate new cellular growth, and give the skin a fresh, smooth, luminous appearance. The treatment softens fine lines and wrinkles, decreases the appearance of age spots, hyperpigmentation, and scarring, as well as boosting collagen production and leaving skin supple and radiant.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion for acne (mild acne scarring) Treatment
- It is quick and non-invasive: If our skincare specialists or physicians prescribe microdermabrasion for acnescarring treatment, then you can get it done over lunchtime. Enjoy a relaxing hour and a great looking skin after that.
- Encourages natural healing: the microdermabrasion for acnetreatment is more than tha
- It exfoliates the skin it encourages collagen and elastin production, which leads to fewer breakouts in future as well as keep your skin soft and supple.
- As the treatment removes impurities, excess oil that clogs the pores, along with the debris, it can help prevent future breakouts leading to a clearer complexion for a longer duration.
However, it is not a blanket treatment for ALL acne scars. The treatment works best on mild acne breakout scars that form pits in your skin and lie flat against the outer layer (epidermis). For acnes that go deeper, it is not advisable to undergo the microdermabrasion treatment.
There are other skin conditions that microdermabrasion treatment is not recommended and would only worsen the inflammation. Some of these are
- Moderate to severely inflammatory Acne: If your acne is severe, and your skin is still in inflamed, it is best advised to take a daily medication regimen to get it under control. After the pimples heal and the inflammation has come down, you could try microdermabrasion treatment for acne scarring removal with all its inherent benefits.It can even help to remove all the discoloured spots lefts by pimples.
- If you any open wounds, rashes or other skin irritation: If you have a rash or broken skin, then microdermabrasion will not help to clear it and our esthetician would also not suggest you it as well. If you have skin concerns like psoriasis, eczema, ringworm or any other rash, then you shouldn’t be undertaking microdermabrasion treatment for acne.
- Usage of Topical Retinoids: Not generally advisable to undergo microdermabrasion while you are taking topical retinoids. A consultation with dermatologists must be taken to ensure that you are okay to undergo microdermabrasion for acnetreatment (only after it is okayed).
- When you visit Bella skin health clinic, our aestheticians and physicians will give you thorough consultation during which your medical history, skincare goals, skin type are duly noted, and the best course of skin treatment is advised. Our vision is providing clinical and result-driven treatments in a luxurious ambience of a day spa.
Feel exhilarated, rejuvenated and revitalised again at Bella Skin Health Clinic!
Visit us today at the highpoint shopping centre!